To Our Merri Bowl Family
WE'RE OPENING TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 8TH AT 2PM!
We can't wait to see you all!
We are approaching our day to reopen and wanted to share with you the things we have done and are doing to not only make you feel safe but actually keep you safe as we begin to step out in to a more normal life again. It goes with saying how much you all mean to me and the rest of our Merri Bowl Team. The health and well being of all who work and bowl at Merri Bowl is of paramount importance. I said it before that the activity of bowling and social distancing are not synonymous. We have been working very diligently to truly enhance our already strong cleaning and sanitizing procedures. Below is a list of things we have implemented and invested in for all of us.
- We currently use a hard surface sanitizer called EnviroX which is a top of the line sanitizer for all our touch and hard surfaces.
- We have three “Hands Free” sanitizing stations for our guests that will be placed strategically throughout the center for easy access.
- We have reusable / washable germicidal face masks for our staff. For now our staff will be required to wear these masks.
- We have put protocols in place for staff members to monitor themselves every day. No employee will be allowed to work with any Covid-19 symptoms such as a fever or cough.
- We have special hand sanitizing stations for our staff throughout the center in all work stations.
- Our HVAC systems and duct work has just been cleaned and sanitized.
- Our carpet, banquet chairs and cloth lounge chairs have been high temperature cleaned and sanitized.
- We installed a bi-polar ionization plasma filtration system and UV-C light purification to our HVAC system. This system will kill nearly 100% of all mold, bacteria and viruses. This happens continuously as air circulates through the heating and cooling systems. Our air will be continually purified. To our knowledge we are the first and only bowling center to date in Michigan to have this level of sanitizing.
- We are in discussions about what changes we will need / want to make to our food menu, preparation and presentation.
- We purchased 2 high end UV-C light wands. It has been proven that UV-C light kills bacteria, mold and viruses on contact.These lights will be used in addition to our manual hand cleaning of our hard surfaces.
- Our house shoes and house balls have gone through additional cleaning / sanitizing procedures. Going forward we will sanitize our house balls each time they are used. The process will be using an electro-static micro sanitizing system specifically designed for just this purpose by the Kegel Corporation, the world leader in bowling technology.
- For those who might be concerned about renting bowling shoes we have another option for you. We now carry slip on shoe covers called “Bowling Buddies” that go over your street shoes and are designed to slide on our approaches. These single use hands free and sanitized shoe covers are available as an option to our house shoes.
- As we look forward to reopening, on July 6th, there will be social distancing mandates set by our government that we will adhere to. There will most likely be lane separation between groups as well as maximum numbers of bowlers per lane.
- We will have a designated time for our most vulnerable people, our elderly and those with underlying conditions. The day and time we have chosen for this will be Tuesday’s 9:00am to 1:00pm. We offer this so these folks too will be safe and feel comfortable enjoying our great game of bowling. Of course, the incredible steps we have taken will allow all our guests at any time to enjoy Merri Bowl.
- Our maintenance team has started back to work making adjustments and repairs from the winter season of bowling.
- We have a number of activities that will kick off beginning the week of July 6th including leagues for youth, adults and seniors and don’t forget about our Kids Bowl Free program. Sign up on line at www.kidsbowlfree/merribowl.
We are available by phone from 11-2 pm Monday through Friday until our re-opening to answers any questions and book up coming events. Please give us a call!
Receive a $10 Open Play Coupon!
Enter your details to instantly receive the coupon via email.
Merri Bowl Is Your Home For Family Fun In Livonia
Merri Bowl is a great place to have fun times with family and friends. At Merri Bowl you can have a great time at prices that won’t break your family’s budget. We have plenty of bumper bowling lanes just for kids! Bumpers are great to keep the bowling balls out of the gutters and smiles on the faces of your small children.
When looking for family fun in Livonia look no further than Merri Bowl.
Hours Of Operation
We are looking to grow our Merri Bowl Family by hiring hi energy, fun loving people with a desire to bring joy to others.
If you are a self motivated person, see the glass half full instead of half empty and would like an opportunity to work in a great upbeat fast paced environment then Merri Bowl is where you should be.
We are looking to fill the following positions:
Bartender / Waitress
Night time customer service representative
Shift supervisor / Service Leader
For more details stop by Merri Bowl.
Congradualations to Metro Detroit USBC 2019 Scholarship recipient Sam Scheuher.
Congratulations to Metro Detroit USBC Division C Doubles champions Darvin Goldsmith and Timothy Williams
Congratulations to Metro Detroit USBC Division B Doubles champions Steven Anderson and Brycin Cochran
Congratulations to Metro Detroit USBC Division C team Champions Brandon Bowles, Darvin Goldsmith, Timothy Williams and Dylan Feldman
Congratulations to Metro Detroit USBC ALL CITY TEAM Members Bryicn Cochran, Sophia Best, Isabelle Jordan and Darvin Godlsmith
Congratulations to Metro Detroit USBC Bantam Association High Average Isabelle Jordan
Congratulations to our Metro Detroit USBC City Tournament Champions and the amazing coaches that helped them get there! We are very proud of all of you!